Grain Chilling Machines
The CROP-PROTECTOR® Chilling Machines have superior chilling efficiency and a unique design to achieve the chilling target with minimum use of power. Our design is further made to secure the cooling with a high volume air-flow through the grain to minimize the risk of condensation in the grain.
If grain is chilled to a temperature below 16 – 18 deg. C, then the unwanted biologic activity will be stalled, and insect procreation will stop. This is the reason why chilling has become popular in some applications. Depending on the specific application grain storage’s normally chooses to chill their stored grain to temperatures between 8 and 16 deg. C, and in some cases lower.
Aeration with “natural means” (ambient dry and cool air) that is vented through the grain is, of course, the cheapest, and in most climates the best option, even in tropical climates. However, chilling is in some cases the best option to maintain grain in a safe and cool condition. Reasons for this could be to:
- cool the grain as a safety precaution
- stop emerging infestation at an early stage by cooling it down (insect and fungus growth is limited at low temperatures)
- Superior quality at low cost
- More economical cooling than the competition due to water-cooled condenser
- Higher fan capacity than any competitor for better safety
- Slow down the respiration of the grain
- Avoid losses caused by unwanted biologic activity from insects, fungus, etc.
- Water-cooled condenser
- High-efficiency cooling fan
- High capacity flow, resulting in more uniform cooling
- Touch screen HMI computer makes operation easy
We have a large and exclusive pool of scientific and practical know-how from tailoring and applying post-harvest solutions in any climate zone worldwide, and we shall be honored to serve you.
Please contact our sales and application team at email@example.com for further information and a quote to suit your specific needs; we work together for safe crop for the world!