Moisture Sensor Cable
The iGRAIN Moisture Sensor Cable is an advanced grain monitoring tool. It measures the grain moisture at different levels in the grain silo.
This technology is a sophisticated technology that has been developed by iGRAIN® as the first company in the world. The technology is based on a perfectly accurate measurements of the relative humidity in the grain and calculating it into grain moisture using advanced algorithms for the EMC (Equilibrium Moisture Concentration). Small fluctuations in the EMC value corresponds to an extremely specific grain moisture. It is an iGRAIN® specialty to provide the most accurate grain moisture sensors for all the different grain types. iGRAIN® has its own calibration laboratory, and that is why we are ahead of the competition with our grain moisture sensors.
We have calibrations for more than thirty different commodities available for our applications. This includes all the standard commodities and products like flour, feed pellets, wood pellets, etc. This technology is important for the iGRAIN Automatic Aeration Control System. Accurate grain moisture monitoring from iGRAIN® will also show you if your grain is sufficiently dried.
In the iGRAIN Dashboard Manager Software the trend curves for the grain moisture can be viewed, and the influence of the iGRAIN Automatic Aeration Control can be followed.
Grain moisture monitoring enables the iGRAIN system to control the aeration so that shrinkage due to loss of moisture can be minimized. Via the iGRAIN Smart App the grain manager will be alerted if the grain is too wet for safe storage.
We consider it important to have a headspace moisture sensor just under the silo roof, so the headspace relative humidity is monitored and applied in the iGRAIN Manager Software to control the roof vent fans. This prevents headspace condensation and minimizes the risk of Aflatoxin and Mycotoxins in the grain.
Advantages of the iGRAIN Moisture Sensor Cable:
- Precise grain moisture monitoring using digital sensor technology
- Reliable Grain Moisture tracking, helping to avoid shrinkage
- Enables best automatic aeration control
- Head Space moisture monitoring helps avoid infestation, fungus Aflatoxin, and Mycotoxins
- Connect to the standard network boxes; iGRAIN Master-Hub and iGRAIN Sub-Hub
- All data are displayed in the iGRAIN Dashboard Manager Software or in the iGRAIN Smart App
- Grain digital moisture sensor range: 8% to 24 % grain moisture (increased range for rice and maize available)
- Grain moisture accuracy: 1,5 % grain moisture (std. condition)
- Cable diameter 13,0 mm, tensile strength 3.000 kg static pulling load, max 35 m length, max. 7 sensors
- Sensor house available in aluminum or brass (ATEX application)
- There is a fixation eye that bottom of the cable, so it can be anchored to the bottom of the silo, as it is important to keep the cable straight.
We have a large and exclusive pool of scientific and practical expertise from tailoring and applying post-harvest solutions in any climate zone worldwide, and we shall be honored to serve you.Download PDF